2017/01/04


  • Fear is a basic sense and a strong motivator of our behaviors. Master Yoda says that: "Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.” When we feel the fear, we try to control our environment and the people in it in our attempt to avoid the things we fear and stop suffering. But most of time it is just an illusion because there’s very little that we can control in our lives.   
    At these days (especially after terror attack in the night club in Istanbul), I feel the fear from time to time and also desperation after it (mostly comes from an opinion that I have no control on it). Tonight I went to seaside, sat down and tried to do mindfulness exercise for my fear. First of all, I thought over the new year night with terror attack. Then I paid my attention to my body and realised that the fear sat in my heart such like a big stone and brought me mental distress.  
    I took some deep breaths (maybe 10 or 15) to slow my body down. Then I told myself that I am afraid of dying in an unexpected way. Such like this, giving chance to myself to sit with it while not judging it helped me to recognize that I was not my fear. It was just an emotion just like my other emotions. It could come and go. I looked at the sea and watched waves coming and going in a same way. 
    Then I asked myself if there was anything that I could do to decrease the possibility of dying. I found one or two safety plan that could make me feel calmer but no more.  
    Furthermore, I asked myself if I had known I will have been dead suddenly what could I have wanted to do before die. I thought maybe my death fear was my opportunity to choose living more spontaneously and chase after my needs. My fear about dying hadn't gone but I felt more relaxed. 
    Anyway, mindfulness helps us to cope with our fears. But it doesn't mean that we no longer feel them. It means our fears no longer control our lives.  
    ✌🏻 #mindfulness #mindfuldayeveryday#mindfulliving #mindfulemotions#fearleadstoanger #yodasays #masteryoda#copewithfears #copewithemotions#healing #afraidofdying #fearofdeath#terrorattackinistanbul #reinaterror

Beğen

No comments:

Post a Comment