2017/01/13

Say hi to my talky chin 🙋🏻 I had been suffering from toothache for three days. Today it reached the highest level! After I had some interventions, my dentist saw my CT scan and he told me that I have to get a root canal. It was annoying for me cuz it meaned that this toothache would last a few more days! 
Anyone who has suffered toothache for any reason knows that it doesn't matter how many painkillers you had, the pain is not completely disappear. So as soon as my appointment ended, I decided to try mindfulness meditation to reduce my toothache. 
According to researchers, mindfulness meditation can bring greater pain relief than a placebo. Actually different meditative practices can be termed "mindfulness". One of them is focused attention which is associated with maintaining focus on a specific object, say, flow of the breath or an external object. And other one is open monitaring involves a non-directed acknowledgment of any sensory, emotional or cognitive event that arises in the mind.  
Normally, pain creates tension our body, which feeds back into our brain, which responds by turning up the ‘volume’ on its pain amplifiers, creating even more suffering. So it is important teach our body to ‘unlearn’ its tension. For this reason, today I tried to tune into my body and breath as I move for helping release any pent up tension. 
First, I relaxed my body and breathed as naturally as I could. Then from my head to my feet, I gently rotated each of my body parts in a circle for 30 seconds while keeping my breathes soft and deep. Also I rotated each of them in the other direction for another 30 seconds. Everytime it finished, I relaxed each of them. Then I tried to notice the effects of the movement on my body parts (e.q. difference between right side and left side or the sensations that I felt). 
At the end of the meditation I realised that I was feeling the pain less than before. I will repeat it through following days until my treatment ends. 🔨🙅🏻👄  
#mindfulfriday#mindfuliving #mindfulmeditation #painreleaver #painkiller #mindfullife #toothache#rootcanaltreatment #reducepain #reducepainnaturally #dentisttime

No comments:

Post a Comment