2017/01/10


  • Researchers say that people who multitask are not being more productive they just feel more emotionally satisfied from their work. Our brain can't focuse on all activities at the same time. Instead, multitasking splits the brain and all our brain is trying to madly switch between the activities.  
    While I was eating my delicious and appetising meal at the restaurant, classical music and voices of the people around were accompanying it. Also, I was with my friend and we were talking during that time. Furthermore restaurant was near the seaside and we were able to watch the snow, the sea and birds at certain times. I can say that they were pretty cool moments for me. Even so, I decided to do "limiting external stimulus exercise". 
    When my friend went to restroom, I left my knive and fork. I looked at the one fixed point on the table and tried to concentrate the classical music without noises of people. After approximately three minutes concentration to the music, I gave my attention to the meal by looking each ingredients while trying not to pay attention the music anymore. Two minutes later, I tasted each of the ingredients one by one mindfully (watched on the fork, smelled, ate and swallowed slowly). Then I stopped mindful eating and again I paid my attention only to the classical music. 
    I can say that it was not easy to switch between them and to stand longer in each task. Good job brain! 💪🏻🙂  
    #mindfulday#mindfullife #mindfulliving #mindfuleating#mindfullistening #classicalmusic#multitasking #splittingbrain#limitingtheunlimited #seafoodsalad#deliciousmeal

No comments:

Post a Comment