2017/01/17


  • Today I was feeling disappointed and I was thinking about solutions how to stop that annoying feeling while walking near the seaside. Then I saw some birds which were standing quiet and inoffensive on the sea. I just stopped and started to observe them. 
    There are moments in life that are difficult to endure and make us feel angry, anxious, disappointed etc. In these times we often want to escape the pain, drown it out or push it away somehow. We may distract ourselves with activities or drown it out with our potential addictions (such as food, alcohol, shopping, gambling...). All these ways of avoiding pain only helps to perpetuate it. Also avoidance keeps us from living meaningful life. 
    Birds made me remember this. They were standing still like a painting. I decided to stay mindfully in the moment without trying to find any solutions. While my eyes were on the scene of birds, I tried to give attention to my deep breathes.  
    Sometimes life says you to stop. Stop and wait. For "under-stand", we need to be "stand" first! ✋🏻#mindfulmoments #mindfuliving#mindfultuesday #stayingmindful#tobeopen #handledisappointment#birdingdaily #standingstill #difficulttimes#understandingyourself#mindfuldayeveryday #mindfulbreathingBeğen

No comments:

Post a Comment