2016/12/24


Birding is an activity like mindfulness that prompts you to think outside yourself and focus on what’s around you. You use all your senses to gain awareness of your surroundings. 
Today I had my daily seaside walking exercise and then sat on the wooden bench for watching birds mindfully. There were black cormorants and gulls around. 
First of all, I started to take deep breathes and gave my attention to my body. When deep breathes started to be regular, I paid all my attention black cormorants by observing them. They were banding together and swimming synchronised.  None of them was deranging. They were like watching the ships and changing their way depend on the route of the ships. 
After ten minutes, I closed my eyes and tried to hear birdsongs. There were only gulls voices around. I tried not to hear other voices and noises around such as cars, wind, people etc. It was the more difficult part for me. Everytime I lost my attention, I opened and closed my eyes once and concentrated again. Hearing part lasted approximately 6-7 minutes. 
After exercise I felt relaxed and slowed down. 🌧🐦🐧
#mindfulmoments #birding #mindfulbirding #mindfuldays #mindfuldayeveryday #seasidewalk #seaside #gulls #cormorants

No comments:

Post a Comment