2016/12/22


This little angry bird is me in the picture. When I am angry, you can still see the same manner on my face. Such like this afternoon.  
Actually I am not so bad at hiding my feelings if I have decided that here is not the right place or time to show it. But sometimes (especially when there is blatant injustice) it is not easy to cover my anger on my face and rarely on my behaviours.  
Today I saw threats to my personal boundaries and felt offended. I left the place and took the phone and called my friends randomly just to complain about the problem again and again. Then I heard the inner voice calling me wisely: come on, just stop girl! Then I stopped, first physically and then mentally. I paid all my attention to my anger. Was it something someone said or was it a situation that triggered me? I found emotions and thoughts feeding my anger and then gave all my attention to my body. I felt tension in my neck and my face. My hands were little bit cold and my mouth was dry. I took several slow and deep breaths. Count to 20 while breathing in through my nose and out through my mouth. I told myself to relax and not react. I knew that they were still there but that it was okay to sit with my feelings. Then I imagined a safe, soothing place to retreat, went there. I continued to take deep breaths while staying there until I felt my body much more relaxed.  
#mindfulanger#mindfulangermanagement #mindfulday#angermanagement #deepbreaths#mindfulafternoon #childinsideme#angrychildface

No comments:

Post a Comment