2016/12/22


If there is too many things around that distract our attention; we cannot totally be in the moment. Less is more. So not to obscure the pleasure of the moment, mindfulness is a good way.  
Today I was sitting besides the stunning view with my friend and drinking hot drinks. While my friend was taking some photos, I decided to drink my "sahlep" mindfully. It is a traditional drink made from orchid roots in hot milk and cinnamon. At first I hold the cup in both of my hands nd felt the warmth. I let it warm up my hands. Then I brought the cup close to my nose and took a deep breath. I felt the intense aroma of the cinnamon into all of my nasal passage and exhaled slowly. I took a small sip. It was viscous and sugared. The taste was nice. I moved it around my mouth and then swallowed slowly. I repeated mindful drinking two more times. All of these took approximately five minutes.  
#mindfulmoments #mindfuldrinking#mindfulday #mindfuldayeveryday #sahlep#orchidroots #cinnamon #milkydrinks#seaside #tastyandtraditional

No comments:

Post a Comment