2016/12/28



Sounds are all around us. Mindful listening helps us choose which sounds to focusour attention on and in the long run helps us to heighten our sensory awareness and respond to the words of others.  
This morning I came across this video on the internet by a chance. It was the video of Pianist Ludovico Einaudi In The Arctic Ocean. Since 1980, the Arctic has lost nearly three quarters of its sea ice.  
Even though it was a video for creating social consciousness and awareness, the piano sounds accompanying the flow of nature had affected me as much as the social message it tried to give. After watching the video, I immediately started mindful listening exercise. 
I closed my eyes and sit comfortably on the sofa. I pressed the repeat button of the video. First of all I started to listen as mindfully as I could to the sounds of piano and focused on it until the end of the video. When it started the second time, this time I gave my attention to the voices and noises other than piano. I could recognize the wind, voices of the birds, movement of the water and the falling of the snow drift. At the third repeat, I opened my eyes and I watched the video more carefully by recognising each of sounds. 🗻🌬❄️⚠️🎶 
For the video: https://youtu.be/2DLnhdnSUVs 
#ludovicoeinaudi  #ludovicoeinaudiinthearcticocean #mindfuldayeveryday #mindfuliving #mindfullistening #piano🎹  #savetheoceans  #savethearctic  #greenpeace  #seaice #savetheseaice #elegyforthearctic 

No comments:

Post a Comment